Thursday, November 22, 2007

well then...























It's late. (in the season. It's barely after ten at night...) I'm kinda tired. I leave for Iowa City for Jingle Cross tomorrow. I'm very excited for it. I should be lining up around 60th both days. That kinda sucks, but it's my own fault. Shoulda registered earlier. I don't care. More people to work through. It makes me feel faster, and better, for that matter, than riding all alone between groups of people.

Oh well. I wish I'd have started my very own blog much earlier. You know, to keep track of my races and how I felt (physically and emotionally) both after and during them. I have not, but if I had been, you'd have read about how I think that I need to work on my cornering (see Back2School and the State Champs) and on odd "natural" barriers (see log at bottom of downhill 180 in Hudson and the stupid not bolted down logs at Powderhorn). I do well enough at the rest of it. I really owe some thanks to Spencer for helping me out with dismount at the deer pen. and Ben Popper for the motivation and inspiration. I obviously owe thanks to my wife. She's pretty rad. She helps me more than she knows in all of this. Thanks babe, I love you.

That's out of the way. First, a warning. This may not make sense. My sense of sentence structure is kinda flawed and I like to use comma's, periods, and ellipses at random. Deal with it. (but do it in a loving quirky kind of a way.)

I plan to keep entries going every few days with my riding and physical differences. It'll help me to document it, and knowing (or at least thinking) that people may be reading this might help keep me honest and doing some work.

Thanks about it for now. I'm sure you'll see a big post about the weekend by tuesday. Or maybe more background. Who knows...we'll see.

No comments: