Thursday, November 29, 2007

Season OVER!

Well. I did it. Next spring I will no longer be a rookie. At least not on the cross bike, that is. I still only have one road race under my belt. That will Change soon. So many changes. This year I raced in the Black and Pink of Team Pegasus. A good time for sure. Ironic how I never really raced in those colors when I was anywhere near any other members. (Count alleycats? I don't. not usually. No respectable results there even, anyhow). I am quite satisfied with my first real season on a bike. I've been riding bikes for 3 years now. Including one as a courier out in Philly. Definitely fun. But I'm much faster now. I should have started racing sooner. Oh well. Only alleycats for the first two years (with some pretty decent results).

The main change that you will notice is that I will no longer be in black and pink. As of the new year, I am done with Team Pegasus and will be riding both for and with the Grumpys/LittleGuyRacing team out of Minneapolis. I am VERY excited about this switch. I know that having a group of people locally available to ride and race with with improve my performance greatly. Two of those riders did OVER 50 races this year. That is dedication. I think that I'll be up at the track with those guys a bit, too. Thinking about buying a Masi frameset. I really don't like having bikes that I can't just go ride. I already fucked up my knees on track bikes once. I don't need to do that again.

I love all of the Pegasus kids and I wish them great luck (not that I won't ever talk to them again. I just hope we can be at at least ONE race together next year. That'd be more than this year, at least). I'll be down for SuperWeek for sure, so that'll be done.

Well. I just wanted to mention that I know that I need to work on some things. On the road, I just need to work on being faster and knowing what's going on. I never did figure out where that damn finish line was out in Avon. That may or may not have helped. I know that I need to work on off camber stuff, decents, and 180's on the cross bike. I also (rather obviously) want to increase my power output all around. Not too bad, I think. Just some work. Taking a bit off the bike right now. Probably start back up middle of January for serious. Work will be slower and I'll have just gotten back from vacation. Going to have to do something to avoid showing up in April looking like our favorite Jan Ulrich. (Don't doubt me!).

Hell. That's enough. Results.

Road
8/25/07 MN State Road Race Championships. Avon, MN. Cat 4/5. 10 out of 63.

Cross
9/23/07 Porkchop Challenge. St. Cloud, MN. C class. 4 out of 67
9/29/07 Riverfront CX. Hudson, WI. C class. 3 out of 53
9/30/07 MCT CX. Orono, MN. C class. 1 out of 33
10/7/07 Lake Rebecca CX. Rockford, MN. C class. 2 out of 66 finishers.
10/7/07 Lake Rebecca CX. Rockford, MN. B class. 29 out of 65 finishers.
10/21/07 Mill City CX. Minneapolis, MN. B class. DNF
10/27/07 Red Barn CX. Taylors Falls, MN. B class. 7 out of 56
10/28/07 Back2School CX. Northfield, MN. A class. 14 out of 28 overall. 4th out of 8 Cat 3
11/17/07 CX State Champs. Crystal, MN. B2 (Cat 3/35 plus masters) 13 out of 61 (finishers) overall 9th out of 26 (finishers) cat 3
11/24/07 Jingle Cross Day 1. Iowa City, IO. 3/4. 14th out of 81 (finishers) First Minnesotan
11/25/07 Jingle Cross Day 2. Iowa City, IO 3/4. 23rd out of 78 (finishers)

That's it. Year one complete. By my calculation I should be 5 points deep in my Cat 3 cross-ness. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm hoping that I can email Matt (anderson) and make him let me race cat 4 next year on the road. I've only done the one race, but I've raced a few...and hell. I beat all of the other cat 5's at States. We'll see.

Goals:

Get to Cat 2 in Cross. Can do, I reckon. Get more consistent. Make people know me. and not for my silly kit. Hang in the A races. Beat Matt Allen. More than once. (twice is ok). Hoping to be able to mark people like Dewey and Aric (Hareland). That is the stretch goal.
Get to Cat 3 and have 10 upgrade points for Cat 2 on the road. Again. Make people know me.

Thats all. May have to revise later. We'll see.

1 comment:

MontyM said...

Goals? You missed a couple of them for next year Jason. Twice around Lake Winnebago and 300k at the DairyLand Dare(without missing any turns)!

Looks like you had a GREAT season. Keep riding

Monty