Monday, February 18, 2008

recovering from a sickness...got some tume.

Ok, I know it's been a while. I have a few things finally worth mentioning.

First off, getting sick sucks. I'd rather do it this time of the year than later, though.

I will be placing order #1 from Taiwan in a few days. Look for some High Five bikes on a rider near you in a bit.

OK, to business. The Tour. California. Let me start by saying that on Friday I saw the rosters. I have to say that CSC, High Road, and Astana all mean business. Some big names from those camps. I'm interested to see how it works out. I would LOVE for Voigt to take the overall. Or Danny Pate. I have to assume that Levi is on a mission. I mean, it's one of the only tours he's allowed to race this year. (ouch) But yeah. Maybe Jens can take a stage again this year.

Point two. Astana. Everyone has an opinion. Most of them are boo hooing the ASO's decision. I'm not. Think about it. Liberty Seguros=bad. They turn into Astana. Astana=bad. (and by bad, I mean doping procedures, and subsequent "human rights violations") Sure, they have new management and a (mostly) new squad. What happens when Vino has served his suspension and is allowed to race again (in August, is it?) Is Bruyneel going to bend over backwards to make this happen. He's pretty much a pushover lately. (see; Basso. See: Retirement)Oh well. And for everyone that is boo hooing for Levi and Alberto (and Horner, love him as we all do), Think about it. Would you have signed up to race for Festina in 99? I wouldn't have. It'd have been super sketchy. It's just a lack of common sense. I'm sure they'll all show up at the Vuelta ready to go. I'd really like to see Kloden take that. I'm sure they'll baby up


#3. Rock Racing. Two thoughts. One. FUCKING UGLY jerseys. I mean terrible. Just...like...alien vomit in my mouth. bad. do. not. want. BUT, As much as I may not like him, I am on board with Micheal Ball being good for American cycling. He's got the passion and the money to invest in this. Barring any huge doping scandals from them (which is a HUGE if) I think that they can be (mostly) nothing but good for this sport. The only downside I see is reinforcing the European image of Americans being cocky assholes. I never said that wasn't true.

That is all for now. Time to don my internet spectator outfit and see whats going on in California. Maybe I'll spot a Tuffy.

No comments: