Monday, February 4, 2008

word of the day...and another thing.

Fatigue.

I'm tired.

It could be the not so restless sleep last night. Plenty of hours, but the radiator in our room is pretty loud. Really annoying. Somehow not too loud to keep us from falling asleep, but loud enough to wake us (me?) up all night. And then it's really hot when I try to turn it off. It pretty much is dumb.

It could be the miles I put in this week. I did feel a bit gone by the time I got home, and I decided not to take a nap after the ride (although I did pass out on the couch for a few minutes...)

I'm not sure. I think I'm going to try to pull back on the mileage this coming weekend. See what happens. I feel like the walking (working) dead today. Although I do have a fairly strong desire to go to the gym and lift some weights. Crazy, I know...but the lack of strength in my upper body is starting to annoy me.

The other thing.

Regarding drug use and the lack of motor skills/brain function/etc. A co-worker of mine today put it quite eloquently, "You shit on your body long enough, and eventually it's going to get dirty." I thought that was pretty well put. Enough so to put in on here, at least.

Two things, I guess. Keeping on topic with the above point. Have I ever mentioned that I really can't stand (and would even go so far to say that I hate)
Tom Petty. Mostly just his music, but I imagine I wouldn't care much for him personally either. One thing is for sure, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about when he says "coming down is the hardest thing." That is one thing that he's probably done more than most people, aside from maybe Keith Richards..although I don't think that Keith ever actually comes down. This super bowl performance has blown him up on the radio. It sucks.

1 comment:

tc worley said...

I'm pretty tired today too. I keep yawning in a long, almost tear-inducing way. Feels good to rest the boys today. Nice ride. It took all my steam a couple of times. Can't wait to go again!