Tuesday, February 19, 2008

slipstream holds steady. and big ole WTF?!

Three riders in the top ten. Tyler Farrar on the Podium in 2nd behind MR. Time Trial. Zabriskie's Mustache in 7th, and Vandevelde rounding out the top 10. Wow. I didn't expect much of Slipstream in this race. I should have rethought that strategy. So far so good for the new American superteam.


and more important/bigger news...Fidel Castro steps down as President of Cuba. I personally did not see that coming, but I think that is forgivable, as I don't much follow current events. Power now goes to his brother. I wonder how that will go. How long until some other President comes in and bends over for the American President and then all is "peaceful" in Latin America? I have to hand it to Fidel. He didn't like us. He didn't care about it. He did what he did and didn't bend to pressure from us. I can respect that. He may not have been a good guy, and he may have singlehandedly given all of Cuba cancer from second hand smoke, but he sucessfully told the US to fuck off since 1959. That's a long time!