Thursday, March 27, 2008

almost back to good.

Well then. Two weeks off and I'm almost back to working properly. Back to work. Can't lift anything too heavy...Back on the bike. Can't ride anything too hard. But, I'm getting there. Maybe I won't be as bad off as I thought from this.

I really want to start running (again?). Currently, a semi broken midsection and crazy fear of hurting my knees again is stopping me. That, and my inability to wake up in the morning. What's the best place to get fitted for shoes? I'm sure I need some crazy shoes to fix something my body does wrong. Just don't know which ones. Needing some help with that.

Also, who wants to teach me how to swim. Currently, I don't swim. At all. About as well as a rock. To the best of my knowledge I don't even float. I'd like to change that. It won't be easy. I'm pretty afraid of water...Any suggestions? Who wants to throw me in a lake?

Yeah. So, in short, I'm back on my bike and feeling pretty good. My early season is a bit rearranged. Not sure exactly how much, but it's different. Wanting to get into tri's. Probably will find some duathalons to do until I learn to swim sufficiently.

That's about all that's new with me. Took a week off and went to WI. It was fun. Nice to see friends and family. Nice to take a bit of a break. Nice to be back now, though. My life isn't so bad, on the whole.

Thanks for caring everyone, see you back out on the road before too long!

5 comments:

Super Rookie said...

i will teach you how to swim.

not that hard really.

i used to be a lifeguard.

Jason said...

Spencer...I'm surprised. Seems to me if you were looking to "cut out the bullshit" then you'd forgo the jumping barriers and running up stairs of cyclocross in favor of the "no bullshit" flavor of mountain bike races. Could be wrong, I am sometimes, but cross is a pretty good time. Sometimes it's the extra elements that makes it a bit more special.

and besides, I'm convinced that good triathletes are cyborgs. Destroy the machines.

oh, and short shorts? sign me up.

tc worley said...

Glad you're almost back, brother.

Also, road cyclists think they are mtn biking by doing cyclocross. Nothing personal, Spencer, I know you can Mtn bike. Just generalizing people like Tim and Ched, here.

Jason said...

never said that, TC! There are similarities, but, if anything, the terrain ridden in cross races is something along the lines of diet mountain biking.

I can race cross with some level of competency. I have never claimed to be anything but a terrible mountain biker. If it was the same, I wouldn't hurt myself mountain biking...

-(not a mtb-er. never have been. never claimed to be. maybe someday. that shit is scary!)

MontyM said...

Glad to hear you are back on the road! TOday looks like a nice day too. Upper 40s. You and your wife going for a ride??

It is hard for me to believe you cannot swim. As you know, I grew up "on the lake" and I cannot remember not knowing how to swim. Dog paddle. Maybe when you come to Oshkosh this summer Margaret and I con work with you in Ellen's pool.

MM