Monday, March 17, 2008

I need your help!

As you've probably read or otherwise heard, I'm laid up. The week off of work, minimum, not bikes for 2 weeks. I've already read the last 2 years of CycleSport magazine and all the books I care to that currently reside in my house. I need (or at least am going to be needing) something to do! My amazing wife tries to keep up on renting movies, which is amazing, but it's hard to focus through an hour and a half story while you have to get up to hit the bathroom, or fall asleep, or otherwise zone out. I think that the TV series on dvd is the way to go. only a 1/2 hour at a time, you can get all sorts of them at the video store we frequent (Nicolet Video) and they're easy!

We're current on The Office, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Whatever that HBO show on Polygamy is... Seen damn near all of Sex and the City. I don't know...

What do I watch next? Honestly, thinking Project Runway, but I already saw one of the seasons...is it worth watching more? Thinking so. I know she's already seen a season or two of America's Next Top Model. I'd watch it. Rather watch the Runway, though.

Don't care about lost or Prison Break. Most ABC, NBC, CBS, shows are not worth renting. Aside from maybe House, or Private Practice. Or the one with John Stamos. (Or IS that Private Practice?) I don't know...

Any suggestions? This is where you come into the equation, and as the solution, even! I can only watch so many Tour and spring classic dvds in a row...and the wife can't handle those (not that I can blame her. I love the sport, and I don't think I've ever finished ONE without falling asleep...)

What do I watch? I know that more people read this than comment. (ok, I don't KNOW, but I think...)

HELP!

9 comments:

MontyM said...

We liked the HBO series "Six Feet Under"

I likes "Lord of the Rings Trilogy"

Other HBO stuff that is supposed to be are "THe West Wing" and "THe Sopranos" I have not seen them. But they are long series.

tc worley said...

Jack and Boone would loan you a few monster truck videos if you'd like? I'll bring a few by one day soon.

Jason said...

whoa! tim's blog got me thinging about those things lately!

alas, I have no vhs playing capability at my house...if they're on dvd, on the otherhand...

Super Rookie said...

Six Feet Under would be a good one to start and the first 3 seasons of OZ are great, but the best HBO show is Deadwood and is a must rent.

Other good DVD's of TV is Freaks and Geeks and Reno 911!

Oh...if you were smart you would get a VHS player, that way you can relate to Little Guy and his land line telephone.

Anonymous said...

Damn, Tim got to the suggestion box before I could! Well, I second all of his suggestions and am also a fan of Project Runway.

Anonymous said...

The Wire

Flight of the conchords
- although laughing may f-up your tummy again.

More books??

You could write a manifesto. Maybe something about how all appendix's (?) should be removed at birth.

Get better!

Monty P

tc worley said...

I 2nd the Flight of Concord - Hi-dang-llarious! Good call Burns!

Johnny Stash said...

super rookie has got it with freaks and geeks...you may wanna try arrested development too.

BeccaNate said...

Arrested Development; feel better guy.