Wednesday, February 18, 2009

More Powertap info.

Something I noticed yesterday at the Fix.

When I'm actually working, the Tacx unit is SUPER closer to the Powertap, if not a bit behind it. I DO need to set it to not read every second. That makes things SUPER hard to hold. I think a 3 second reading would be the way to go.

SO, at 60rpms and at threshold or just above, the Tacx would read about 320 (my supposed threshold) and the Powertap would read between 310 and 350 depending on fluidity of pedal stroke. If I slow the reading down I think I'd get a good average. Couple that with my earlier realization (that at 120% the powertap catches up and sometimes passes the Tacx) I think that the powertap is more accurate when you're working harder.

I'll continue to report my findings, even if no one else cares, it'll be handy to have this recorded later.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yea, it's all relative regardless and if you don't have a PT and have a tacx you can still quantify the effort.. cadence being the only thing i value anymore. if i had a chice for off season training i'd take the taxc.. way cheaper and user friendly.. then unplug on the road and go by feel.

Jason said...

Yeah, I luck out. Larry's got the Tacx all over the place, but I feel like I'm not as experienced as someone like yourself and I think it would benefit me to see how I'm going in numbers.

adidas nmd said...

yeezy boost
nike huarache
adidas superstar
air jordan
yeezy shoes
nike air force 1
adidas ultra boost
adidas ultra boost
timberland outlet
nike air force