Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's been a while...

But, I might be back at this thing again soon. I've been busy, what with school now and training and work.

Still at The Fix. I can't enough good about these folks over there. If you'd like some smart interval workouts or some advice I suggest coming down to the Fix and talking to Larry and Sophie. They're seriously some of the best people I've met in this city. Bike fits, lactic and threshold testing, massage, yoga classes, training classes. It's all here and it's all good. Seriously. Come to ONE session. Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday. Very much worth the price of admission. Just honest no cheating workouts. And Coach Troy isn't half as charismatic. (or effective, but I'm biased...) besides, he's boring! Here, you can suffer WITH other people!

So yeah, that's been going fantastically. Sure, they're hard, and sometimes I can't do what I'm supposed to do in the class, but, it's all making me better. And THAT is what I'm after. I'm feeling good one the bike, and I'm ready to start racing.

On that note, I've got my calendar marked with the races and where I'd like to peak. Pretty exciting stuff. I've got my goals. I think that I can get them. Hard, but not impossible. Just how I like it.

What else? SCHOOL! I started in January. Machining degree. So far so good. I remember quite a bit of what I learned in High School, and pick new things up pretty quick. It's working for me.

Other than that, life is good. 09 is WAY the hell better than 08. I never want to go back there again! (funny thing about time, even if I did want to go back, I couldn't)

High Five order is being placed this week. Look for more fast wheels and fast riders going around the local racecourses. EXCITING!

That's it for now. Better to keep it short.

Thanks for bearing with me during my blog hiatus. Twitter had me occupied for a bit.

See you at the bike swap.

No comments: