Thursday, February 5, 2009

Worked.

It's been a common theme this week. At the Fix, we've started doing some muscle endurance training. Basically, high watts @ low cadences for 3-5 minute invervals and 1 or 2 minutes rest between. They get hard in a hurry. Especially for people (me) who like to spin faster and not mash on pedals. BUT, I imagine it will help me come springtime. The issue is, when pedal mashing, I tend to get side stitches. I got a REAL bad one today... Had to cut an interval short and then get off and try not to black out after the last one. Didn't cool down at all. I couldn't stay hunched over a bike anymore. It was awful. BUT, I did ok. Wasn't a total fail. Margaret BREEZED through it. I don't even get it. I wish I could have paid more attention to her than me. It was probably pretty inspiring to watch her ease through this hard of a workout. Darn it. Someday I'll have one of those days. You know. Those good days. Good enough to make you forget about a ton of the bad ones. I'm almost due. Maybe not. Just a rough week.

Bike swap on sunday. Besides that, increasing temperatures should get me out on my bike a bit. I'm super excited about that. First LGR team ride is on Saturday. A full MONTH later than last years early season rides. Time to get started. Season starts soon.

No comments: