Thursday, December 10, 2009

Feels like groundhog day.

Get out of work, go to school. That parts the same most days. BUT, yesterday I ended up stuck on the ice on Western about a block from where I usually park. That sucked. Was stuck there for about 30-45 minutes watching other cars get stuck and helping to push them out. I helped 3 or 4 cars (well, tried too. not sure how much help I actually was, but it's the thought that counts.) I'm still suck, eventually two people come to help push me. It doesn't work, but we're getting closer. So, I decide finally, "the hell with it". and I take my coat off to put it under a wheel. Will this work? I don't know! I was ready to try anything. So, I take my coat off, put it nicely under/in front of my tire and say my regards.

I get back into the car, turn it back on, and a dude in a truck with a chain on the back stops. Fucking A right, kharma! So, I get pulled up the hill, and I manage to park and walk to class. Bogus. That sucked. But, I didn't get towed or ticketed, I didn't miss class, and I made it home. Good enough.

Today at lunch I went and bought 4 70 sandbags for the trunk. Maybe overkill, but hell, whatever! So now I've got the weight equivalent of two high schoolers in my truck, and I get around pretty ok. Summit Ave was a damn slippery lot. Lots of people stuck at Snelling. I made it. I wasn't 100% sure I would, but I did.

So I get to class, go for a walk, give Shawn back the things he left in my car from the weekend, and all is well.

Class finished (that's a whole 'nother story) and I walk out with a classmate. She gets in her car and I keep walking to mine. I round the corner and there is a little purple civic very much stuck. Trying hard to go, but going nowhere (I know that feeling!), so I try to help. Try push from the back, didn't help. Try push from the front. Didn't help. So, she tells me to try, and I get it a little loose. Get it moved back a couple feet and off to the side, but then it's just stuck there. Anyway, eventually we get it back far enough so it can go forward again, and she's on her way. So I head back towards my car. BUT, she gets around the corner, and for some reason is stuck again. So, I go back, and she says she's stuck. Duh. I ask her if it goes back, she says no. I BARELY push on the front and it goes back fine. I doubt she tried, but whatever! So she goes back, then gets it forward again. No biggy. That was WAY easier than the first time.

The best part was when she said/asked "I'm totally not getting home tonight, am I?"

Well, we got her out and on her way. Life is good. I hope she made it home. It's too cold to sit around or walk.

Anyhow. I try to be nice. It works. I had three people tell me they liked my hat today. I can that a win.

2 comments:

Caleb said...

Um.... not what that last guy said.

Anyway, you said "equivalent to two high schoolers" but I wanted to correct you. That's probably more like 1.1 high schoolers nowadays. And it's getting worse!

Good luck with ASL.

John said...

I love the colors of your blog its cool.

http://buy-tools.blogspot.com/