Friday, December 4, 2009

The Rally in Michigan was Today.

So, yesterday I got up at 6:15am, did my routine and went to work until 4:30, then drove around and gathered required equipment for road trip, then I went to class...

That got done at about 8:30, then I met Shawn and we rolled to his house to pick up his stuff and then to Target to get him a hat and gloves.

We then rolled out and got a videocamera and got on the road. Left St. Paul around 10pm. From St Paul to Madison was a cakewalk. After that it started snowing and whatnot. It got really icy just outside of IL, and inside of it as well. Saw a lot of cars in the ditch, and I was driving carefully. Didn't matter though, because somewhere in IL near Rockford (Rockport?) I ended up sideways and then backwards on the freeway, and then into the guard cables. Messed my car up really good. That' REALLY depressing, but it still runs fine. It's all body damage, so it could be worse.

Back on the road, things still aren't great. Still slippy, and I was getting really tired. I drove into Indiana and then Shawn took the wheel at a Dunkin Donuts. We got back out there and I was able to nap for a few minutes. He got tired about an hour outside of the destination so I took over again and brought us home.

Then we found where we needed to be and we got there. Rally was good, albeit short because it was freezing and snowing. I hope it works. We'll find out eventually. If it didn't/doesn't work, then students there have until 2012 to figure something else out. Which is absurd.

We had coffee with the promoter and a few friends. It was really fun, and a learning experience. Lots of ASL this weekend, and it's not over yet.

I think I sign pretty well for an ASL 2 student. Just have to keep practicing. Same as anything else. Right?

So now I'm here in a Super 8 room with Shawn watching Cheers (It's not, but neither of us are watching it).

I'm going to try to catch some sleep for the first legitimate time since about 6:15 yesterday morning and see how I'm feeling when I wake up. Head out in the AM hopefully after some breakfast. Maybe stop in Chicago for a meal, and then up to Milwaukee for the rest of the day/night.

Good times.

No comments: