Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'm home

This last weekend was without question in the running for the best weekend of my life award.

The only bad thing that happened is that I crashed my car on some ice in Illinois. Car still runs fine, and Shawn and I both lived, so it could be way worse. Fuck the car. Totally worth it. Besides, it was kinda fun. Oh, and I didn't get to see a couple Chicago people that I'd like to have seen. And Jon Raleigh refused to come say hi to me. Thanks dude.

The good things include 25+ hours of driving with a new pal in 3 days. A TON of ASL experience and lessons. Meeting several new amazing people. Eating food in 4 states in 2 days. A rally for a great cause. Coffee with a few great new friends. Meeting a band from NYC that played in MI 2 nights prior that had seen the flyers for the rally (proof that it's a small world). Pictures of the Willis Tower. Metal shows in Milwaukee with old friends (and new friends). East Side Ovens brownies. Granola pancakes. Spending time with by best friends kid 2 days before his 6th birthday. Lime Perrier. Good times.

I had an amazing time. This weekend totally renewed my faith in life and totally changed my perspective on a lot of things. Life truly is awesome. (Man, I sound like a kid that has half the word "Positive" tattooed on his chest. I still think POSITIVE would be a most excellent knuckle tattoo. Alas, I only have one set of knuckles...)

Until next time.
-Jason

2 comments:

Vriezen said...

Milwaukee Hush.. Don't f*ck with dooooommm...

Vriezen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.