Tuesday, May 27, 2008

recovering the lost.

I found it. It left me for a month or so. Perhaps it was the new job (because it's closer). Maybe it's because I'm still bad at mountain biking. Maybe it's because I took some time off. I'm not sure why, but it's back.

My love of the road bike. Sure, my legs may be a bit hairy, but that's because I told my wife that she gets to use the last razor first. I'm waiting. I've been out on it. I've actually been feeling really strong out there, too. This is good. I'll need it now that Jake is all but assured a Cat 3 upgrade, leaving me to work for myself. Time to step up (eventually...there HAS to be a race coming sooner than later.)

But yeah. I'm happy. Who wants to ride afternoons? I get done with work at 3:30 and can be on the road at 4. Where we going? Yesterday I went out to Wayzata. Today I spent an hour at Ramsey/Grand/Irvine. Tomorrow? Who knows. Gotta get an Minnesota ID, but after that I'm game.

Cheers, road bike. I've missed you.

1 comment:

Chris said...

embrace the roadie within you. cat 3 awaits my friend.

i had a shitty training day today. good to hear you're back with it man.