Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Trying to be better.

I'm back. After a fairly long hiatus. I'll try to keep this better updated. Some people told me they miss me. Strangely enough.

Updates! Racing hasn't been going so well. DNF at Ken woods. Felt very strong. Flat tire. 6-ish miles from finish. Bummed me out. Got shut out of the last Opus I did. Didn't race smart. DNF Marty. Didn't eat nearly enough that morning. Did my part to string out the pack and drop some riders, cashed myself on the climb. Dropped out after second lap. Team did well. I'll take it. One race since. Eriks spring cup #1. That was great. 54th overall out of 160something in sport. 3rd singlespeed. I'll take that, too. First MTB race ever. Second mtb ride ever, on a bike I borrowed the night before and put pedals on that morning. Backt to Opus for more in a few hours.

In other news, High Five Bicycles will be on the way from Taiwan shortly. Keep your eyes peeled in a month or so.

In more personal news, I'm 24 now. And I've been officially Married for a year. Good times. Feeling like I win at at least that segment of my life.

Mem day will be spent (not racing. No $$$ for that) up in Duluth for the races. Just hanging out.

Soon Margaret and I are taking a trip to Oshkosh for the Dairyland Dare. Thinking of doing the 200k. Did that last year pretty well. Was thinking about doing the 100k as fast as possible. Screw it. A 60 miles hilly as fuck ITT won't be fun. Doing a 200 mile ride the weekend before as prep. That's gonna hurt. At least it'll be flat.

Yeah. That is all. Welcome back, and thanks for tuning in.

-Jason

5 comments:

Chris said...

hey dude... was actually just thinking about you today and wondering what was up. an email rescue party was about to be sent out...

you're not allowed to disappear again.

Ben said...

yay! Jason! Woohoo

tc worley said...

welcome back!

Jason said...

I am alive. All is well.

Many tanks.

MontyM said...

Glad to see ya back posting again!
Just remember, if you ride the 100k as fast as you can on the DD or HHH
you will be waiting for every for me to finish!

Monty