Tuesday, September 30, 2008

madison. day one.

motel room full of mirrors. ."Hey! Fuuuccckkkk Yoooouuuu: Slayer at the bar. Stupid spray painted flat back civic street race club. 2nd gear chirps. IHOP. Angell Park. Bad Start. Barrier crash. (I cleared it, bike did not. wheel hit barrier, did a few somersaults. put me on my back, and i ducked so as to not get hit by flying bicycle. Lost a few spots in that one...)

Back on bike. Moving back up, a little. approaching hill. shift harder. Uphill. dudes going slow. stand. pass on the inside. Crack! no more go. huh?. Pedal more. Nothing. Look down. Derailleur trying to go into crank. No longer attached to bike. Broken. Race over. huh...throw bike. get mad.

anyhow. that's pretty much day one. JP killed it (the other JP...not me. BUT, technically, I did kill it. But the "it" I killed was my bike.)

BUT, after being bummed for the rest of the day, I got anther one and put it on at the hotel. all was not lost.

No comments: