Sunday, September 7, 2008

trips.

No, I didn't break edge. Not that kind of a trip.

I've been off this thing for some time. This is updates. Last week I worked it out to get a few days off, so I went to Oshkosh/Milwaukee for a bit over Labor Day. It was GREAT to see my wife. It had been some time. It was great to see my new family, as well as my father. Trip went quick. Some food, some hanging out. A party for Labor day. Complete with Go Karts and Mini bikes and food. It was freaking warm down there, though. I didn't bring shorts. It had been cold up here. Oh well. More excuses to wear a tie. It's awesome. Anyhow, It was fun.

New game. It's called HellFire. Basically, you call it. Say "HellFire" and you have to make your immediate viscinity as hot as possible. I.E. that car drive to the suburbs on a 90 degree day. Call HellFire and the windows get shut and the heat gets cranked. No one really wins, it just keeps everyone miserable. HOORAY.

example. The rules of this game were being explained to Margaret and I. It was a bit warm in the apartment, so we told Andy to turn the AC on. A few minutes later he came out and asked if we called HellFire. He turned on the heat, instead of the AC, because we had been talking about it. He blew it, though. Had he not brought our attention to it, I bet no one would have noticed until it was 90 degrees in there. We were distracted by people playing Rock Band.

Sounds stupid, but I love my friends.

That, and cyclocross practicing has started. Should be fun. Still kinda know what I'm doing.

Trip starts tomorrow. Leaving the house at 7:30. Going to Seward Cafe for breakfast, and then off to Spooner for day one. Will update with goings on as available. Will have the camera along as well. Hopefully something neat will happen.

Things I want to see.

A big tractor carrying hay driving down the road.
Calvin peeing on something.
Tazmanian Devil OR naked girl silhouette mudflaps.
Spray Painted roadkill.
And Ostrich farm.
A moose in Chequamagon.
A Bald Eagle.
Pink Sunset/fancy clouds.

I'd settle for that.

We'll see what I can find.

Oh, and ZOOOM!

1 comment:

tc worley said...

You should have taken a go-cart trip!

Have fun, sucker.