Friday, August 29, 2008

Jelly Legs. for the first time in a long time.

First of all, I'd like to say that I saw the Red Lantern today. That was nice. He promises to not be the Red Lantern this year, so watch out! He's back on an a mission (to not break anymore frames). Let's all wish him the best of luck. Good luck, Dan.

In other news, I was on my cross bike for the first time of the season. Oh man, I forgot how hard that is. It could be because I've been all but off the bike for a long time, or just because it really is hard. Rode the Deer Pen for about 45 minutes. Mostly working on barriers and jumps. I need to figure out how to clip in faster if I am going to be in contention this season. I'll get it down again. Cleats are just still too new. Last year I changed my cleats halfway through the season. BIG mistake. I had trouble clipping in the whole rest of the calendar. Boo on that!

And I found out what could just be the most fun cross training ride ever. I hope to do it at least twice a week from now on. Take the cross bike out to Hopkins. The Depot. BUT, do it on the grass. For as often as it's possible. It's tough. Really tough. But the best part is that you get all sorts of crazy looks from the roadie, but not racer crowd. I love it. That, and you can get coffee early out there. Here, too, but that's too easy.

Tomorrow. 6:30 am. Deer Pen. Be there. I'll do that for about an hour, let the dog out, go return Fil's barriers, and then hope to get out to hopkins again for a latte and then back to work for a shower and change before 9. Then I work until 3 and get on a bus to MKE at 4. THAT is exciting. Something about a Labor Day party that Margaret's Mom's family throws every year. Something about a big lot and go carts? Sounds like a good time. I'm excited. That, and I get to see my wife for the first time since the 16th.

Hell yes. Should be fun! Then I get back and leave in a week on my trip. Busy Busy. Then I get back, work a week, and then Cyclocross season starts! Life is certainly turning itself around for me. All it took was for the air to cool down a bit!

Hell yes. Life is awesome.

1 comment:

tc worley said...

That's the Jason I know!