Monday, August 25, 2008

An interesting observation.

I've been seeing a lot of "stop the RNC" or, "NO RNC" spraypaintings.
I have to assume that these are done by the leftists. This is fine by me. I share their sentiment, to a point. BUT, I feel as though a line is being crossed by this.

It isn't the spraypaint. It isn't the planned protests. It's the feeling that they have the authority to make it not happen at all.

I'm assuming that people are going to protest. I'll also assume that these protests will be watched by the cops. I'd even go so far as to assume that the cops are going to try shut them down.

Interesting thing, though. Somewhere in our constitution we are given the right to free assembly. I'm SURE that one of these 'leftists' will bring this point up to the fine policemen and women of St. Paul. I'm sure that any attempt to actually shut down the protests will be unsuccessful. They can move the protests to public property. They can allow or disallow the route of any marching protests. They can't make them go away entirely. It's unconstitutional.

I just think it's funny that the thing that gives these leftists the green light to go cause a ruckus is the same thing that they are ignoring when voicing their disapproval of the entire event.

*I am not a Republican. Probably not a Democrat, either. I really don't care too too much one way or the other. To be honest, for no good reasons, I just can't hate McKain. Just can't do it. I do think that Obama is a pussy. But I also think that he's a much better choice for president.

Let them assemble. Let them have their convention. If you don't like it, go protest it. That's fine, too. I'm not super patriotic. BUT, I don't think this country is all bad. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean you have to try to kill it.

We've tried before. Doesn't work.

That's all. I got a little political.

Buy Levi's jeans. They'll fit your ass... and your budget.

1 comment:

Dan Cleary said...

I'd put it like this.... "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too" -- Voltaire

(along with all the other derivatives of this saying).

Good seeing you today and looking forward to CX season.

Enjoy your bike trip.