Tuesday, August 12, 2008

update.

i'm still alive. they cut me. a lot. shot me full of dye and removed the lymph node it drained to. that's a 3" scar. they cut a solid 6" down my shoulder about an inch and quarter at its widest point, down to the muscle.

I'm out of work until friday. I have a one pound weight restriction on my right arm. I basically can do nothing. They've got me in a sling and on vicodin.

I'm just trying to stay positive. it's really hard. I've been having some sort of crisis lately, just wishing for a straightedge time out. I need something in my life to change. I know that it won't help, but I just need something to take my mind off of my life. Maybe I need to find god. (Unlikely) I just need something. I'm just depressed. I can't do anything. I want to do everything. It just hurts me and gets margaret mad at me for doing too much and hurting myself. The hurt I can deal with. The other effect not so much.

I can't go to school this fall and that upsets me. Starts too soon. I really doubt I'll ever get to go, which is stupid, because I've wanted to forever. I just need to get some sort of stability in my life. with a job that I can count on to actually pay my bills. Maybe someday. I doubt it though.

Either good things don't happen to good people, or I am a shitty person. Kharma is a joke. I don't deserve my life. I really can't. I've done some really stupid shit. But NEVER should someone deserve this. It isn't fair. But then again, that's life. Life isn't fair. I've known that for some time. Hell. It isn't my life that sucks. Just this year. Current life. Recent memory life. I can't deal with it.

There. I said it. I can't deal with this. I can't deal with my life. I am not strong enough.

Oh hell. I just lost it. That just turned into a "dear diary". That wasn't intended, but I'm leaving it.

Fuck.

I find out on Thursday if I have any more cancer of if they got it all. If I still have cancer I"m jumping off a bridge.

10 comments:

Christopher Smith said...

I am not strong enough.

You are stronger than me dude.

Hang tough (easy for me to say, I know). Keep up the fight.

You are inspiring more than you will ever know.

Meow said...

Awww dude. I'm sorry. Life is shitty sometimes-oh-how I know THAT! Rely on your friends for support. I'm sure they feel helpless and want to do the only thing that they CAN do, which is to get you through this. It's okay to not feel so strong at times-yer only human.
And-PLEASE-if you want or need someone to hang out with, you can give me a shout.

Dan Cleary said...

Jason,

Keep fighting it. You have huge support from a large community of friends here. You certainly don't have to work this all out on your own. Lean on all of us as much as you need.

You are tough. Tougher than any of us. But we're all here to prop you up and keep you going.

Super Rookie said...

Keep putting the hammer down Jason. We are all pulling for you and are there for you if you need us.

Remember, you paid dues to be a part of this family and that means we are there through thick and thin.

.LGR.

(dis)pencer said...

yo.
we'll hang soon.

i'll buy you a root beer.
we'll trash talk tim grady.

it'll be sweet.

T3 said...

keep fightin'...

Pete said...

Bad things happen to good people. Good things happen to bad people. Totally fucked.

I have a front row seat for someone in my family that has stage 4 colon cancer. He just got out of the hospital last week after having more than 12" of his colon removed. In about two weeks he begins his chemo treatments that are going to kick his ass every which way to Sunday. The 5-year survival rate for stage 4 colon cancer is dismal, but talking with him it is obvious he is positive and optimistic.

Here's his blog: http://chrisbaty.wordpress.com

He's an awesome guy and if you want, I can connect you with him. It will be hard not to be inspired by him. I know I am.

The worst is over man.

Jason said...

Hey. Thanks guys (and gals). I really appreciate it. Sorry I'm being a big baby. I've got a lot on my plate right now. I can't eat it all, so to say. I can't thank you guys enough. Kind words really mean a lot to me right now.

Leslie said...

Remember how HPE and I screamed at you last year during Jingle Cross? I'll scream at you to keep going for as long as it takes.

Keep up the good fight my friend. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need anything :)

Jason said...

Leslie. That is one of two things in races I'll never forget. The way you and sarah yelled at me up that hill in Iowa, and those guys barking at me in Hopkins. I forgot the name of one of them, but I was introduced at the starting line of another race. If that guy is reading this, that was awesome. Thank you.