Tuesday, August 19, 2008

fuck a bunch of doctors.

I got nothing. Called them a 4. They said I'd here back by 5, or first thing in the morning. Didn't hear back tonight. Doubting I'll here anything tomorrow.

I just want to know why. I'm starting to not care what they tell, as long as they'd just tell me something.

Match Sprints are tomorrow. Excited to watch. Thinking of racing.

Just thinking at this point. Nothing certain. There is a lot hinging on my recovery. Namely CX. There are two races I want to win. I want to contest as many as possible. Hell. I'd like to be a cat 2. That seems possible. Not if I break myself back open. That'll shut the door to cross sooner than anyting else. I'm not going to do anything hasty. CX is easily my highest priority.

Tonight I rode for an hour and a half with Spencer. Rode up to meet some people at Behind Bars, only there was no one at Behind Bars for us. We just missed Megan. She had to go home a bit before we got there. BOO, but that's ok. Spencer and I had a nice easy ride NE of St. Paul for a bit. Shoulder felt very much ok. Road bike felt stiffer than I remembered, though. and my TIME shoes are a bit too small. Other than that, all ok. Didn't get in the drops, but my range of motion was fine. Sprinted up one hill. Didn't explode. Thinking I'm good to go again. As long as I'm careful. Not going to do anything careless.

That's about it from me. Watch either Michael Clayton or Rambo 3. Can't decide.
Hopefully news tomorrow. I'll see you at the track.

2 comments:

Super Rookie said...

Rambo 3 or Michael Clayton?

As if you needed to ask. Michael Clayton is good, but Rambo 3 is the best movie ever made.

GoBigGreen said...

I just read your blog for the first time. I wish i had read it before blackdog. I am a melanoma survivor as well. I just finished my quarterly checkups ( 2 years out ) and although i am less scared than i was 2years ago I still get the cancer heebie jeebies. Like when is it gonna come back....
Hang in there.
Julia