Wednesday, August 20, 2008

a bit of news.

On my ride up to the track I felt my pocket vibrating. I pulled over and answered it. It was one of the interns that worked on me. She explained to me what the hold up had been, and that I should expect the rest of the results in a few days.

Turns out that they had to send the big chunk of me (for the lack of a better way to describe it) to a place somewhere else. Apparently, they sent the Lymph Node with it. That wasn't supposed to happen, so the node got sent back to HCMC and then they now have to test it. Sheesh! Little Guy could have delivered it faster! (not a knock, LG, I know that couriers get to deliver body parts and other samples. I've done it before!)

Anyhow, the call was pleasant. Told me that there was a little bit more cancer in the chunk, but they got it all. Which is good news. That bad news is that the node hasn't been tested yet. Which is the one that I'm worried about. Doesn't matter if it's in that GIGANTIC chunk of skin they took out, because it's out. The node is more crucial.

In other news, I've been back on my bike. Feels GREAT! not sure what exactly I should be doing on it, though. Shouldn't really be training...just riding. I'll do that. Bruce gave the rest of the track season off. I'm thinking I might try a few races.

On that topic, I asked Linsey to check me out to see if she thought I could race the Match Sprints today. She said I was fine, but we taped me up again anyhow. She was right. During a few "practice" laps I felt very good. Ok, let me rephrase. My ARM felt very good. My legs not so much. Got to ride a fancy bike, though. (thanks Rookie). Didn't even have to move the seat or bars up or down. Let it exactly as it was.

Ran the second fastest flying 200 of "my" category. Nothing stellar. I wasn't happy with it. 13.68. Oh well. It was windy. Drew Linsey in the first round. Felt I rode it ok, but she beat me. I'm ok with that. She's fast, and I'd still get to race the losers race... which I also lost. To Mike Hall. He eventually won, though, so I'm ok with it. And he's a nice guy. Linsey won the womans race pretty easily, and rode to a 4th place in the 4/5 race as well. Well done lady! But that means that I lost. 5th place out of 5 people. I consider it a victory in getting out there and doing it. I'm super happy to be back on my bike already, and very confident I'll be able to put a bike on it within the month.

As long as Ferris stays off of it. (Just kidding. Didn't hurt, just scared me. You know how it is. Nothing personal, I think you're a great guy!)

Taylor demolished everyone on his way to victory. Tainter silver, Ferris Bronze. Well played.


Oh, That, and Rocky 3 is dedicated "to the gallant people of afghanistan" or something like that. I thought that be pretty humorous, considering...

3 comments:

tc worley said...

Hey, you're 1 for 1. Screw cancer. Glad you had fun at the track. Can't keep a good man down.

Christopher Smith said...

Sounds like good news!

Meow said...

Hey Jason-it was really great to see you out there racing!!