Saturday, April 5, 2008

Excuse me, Mister... You dropped your hammer.

Yeah, Good times. Felt really good on the ride today. Little Guy, Super Rookie and myself set out to afton at about 9:20. Rode a more northerly route and scoped out some super secret super rookie hill training spots. I heard it was a group ride, but as soon as we hit bailey, I didn't see much of my group...every now and then a flash of yellow or red as a wheel overlapped mine. Save for the heavy breathing and the color flashes, I wouldn't have known anyone was back there! (kidding boys! Durand is coming up, gotta get on forms!)

Yeah. Pretty hot pace to Afton. Guys teamed up against me on nature terrace valley creek whatever road...Good efforts by both Tim and Matt. Was able to counter what they had, and then hold them off to the Bean. Where we stumbled across a large number of woodies. Both B and H-wood riders out there. A couple GP guys as well. Went in to pee, came back out, and SPENCER is out there! CRAZY! I guess he left shortly after us and took a shortcut that put him where we were maybe 5 minutes after us! It was pretty cool. So, our numbers went up on the return trip.

Took a top secret detour and found another more fun hill and section of road. Good call Rookie! 80th out to military and back in. Rode with a guy currently riding for Nature Valley (forget his name, for the moment), for a bit down 80th and 70th streets. That was fun. Watched Tim and Matt hold each others helmets while they removed hats. That was classic. Also classic, was the Super Rookie practicing his victory celebrations. Just you wait until he wins a race. It's gonna be good.

Today was mostly a long day of hard tempo riding. Very fun. Worth it. Wanted to go longer, but did not have the food, nor the cash to keep it up. I'm satisfied.

Flanders tomorrow. My money is on Gusev. Not a lot of it, though. Too bad I have to work. Hopefully I get to watch some coverage beforehand.

Oh, and Big Matt...I want a rematch. 2 out of 3!

1 comment:

Super Rookie said...

since i retire my new celebrations every year...i might actually have to win a race.

:)