Saturday, January 26, 2008

catching the cold out to lunch.

the cold has left the office for a few days. Up into the 20's today. That's enough for a bike ride. Today we took advantage of that with a 40 mile trip out to somewhere. Wayzata? I'm not sure. I play the following game. West, I believe. Caribou Coffee...

Yeah, easy 40. Out and back. Not much in the way of inclines. A couple really little ones. Spencer, Tim, Fil, T.C, and myself...Linsey started, but was reportedly having some trouble with breating. (Not a good thing. I hope she's ok.) Pulled a "sprint" to some city limits sign. I pretty handily took that one. I'm chalking it up to mechanical advantage this time. We'll see what happens when everyone gets on their road bikes. The way back we also sprinted (minus Tim), but this time in our very littlest gear. 39x26 in my case. I think everyone got me in that one. I don't spin CRAZY high RPM's well, apparently. I come to that conclusion by this and my fairly lacking performances in the Coldsprints series at Grumpys. (which I did not contest this month. I decided I'd rather eat food there than race. You can't do both without puking...Hell, if you're Jake, you can't do either without puking...) Most of the way back was on some shady iced up bike path. I didn't care for it. I think my bike handling skills are whack. I don't do well when it's slippery. Almost ran into TC on one occasion.

Anyhow, we made it. Got a little cold, but not too bad. Got pretty dirty. I had to wash those clothes immediately, and I cleaned my bike up. It's ready for tomorrow again...High around 42 degrees tomorrow. That sounds like a plan. WAY better than a spin class. Cheaper too.

In other news,

I finally got a beginners ASL instructional book, and am excited to learn a different language.

I decided on what to go to school for. That is good news for this guy.

The bike development and subsequent import seems to be going well. It will be a very small run, to say the least. Road and Cross. Maybe one track frameset. Unsure yet. Some very interesting developments happening that are at this point under wraps.

Thanks for paying attention.
-Jason

No comments: