Monday, January 28, 2008

Day two of a warm weekend. (dear blog. I love snow covered trails.)

Met up with the boys again. Tim and (dis) being the only similar faces. otherwise it was a new lineup. We traded T.C., Fil, and Linsey for Jake, Little Guy, and Margaret. Met at the Moose again. I swear they have the best soy chai (with a shot) in the city. Something about it just works better than anywhere else I've been. Anyhow, Took Plymouth out again, to more areas that I am unfamiliar with. I never know where we are until we hit Wayzata. Sundays ride was a decent pace again. Some up, some down. Cross bikes don't decent fast. I should just deal with it and ride my Alan. But the Salsa is SO much better. Turned onto the road with the Wayzata city limits sign. Wound it up a bit. Just let Tim and LG roll me out. This is the point where time would like to believe he dropped the hammer. Unless by saying "hammer", he meant "Little Guy", and by "dropped" he meant "almost crashed out" he's not making sense. That threw me off my nerve and (dis) and Jake got me on the left and Jake eeked out (dis) for the win. This is the point in the ride with S-R made the assertion that we (LGR) have the best Cat 5's in the world. Hopefully not for long.

Stopped at the Caribou for a few minutes. Go add another 20 to total 60 or turn around and be happy with 40? I was planning on turning around with Margaret after 40. Jake was planning on going short as well. The only issue with that was the we don't know the route. The three experienced dudes wanted to go long. OK. We did it. Margaret knew it was going to be tough. I don't think any of us were prepared to really to go 60 this early. It was harder than I expected. Went out around Lake Independence for another 20. Some hills. Some traffic. Some tire/tube issues. Some peeing in the snow. Margaret almost died and wanted to walk for a second. I rode with her. I decided I'd go find something for us to eat when we got back into Wayzata.

We did. Back to Caribou. Pretty sure Tim hit up the Ben & Jerry's. Some training regimen he's on. I went to the Starbucks looking for Odwalla bars. Nothing. Went to the gas station across the street for a clif bar. Nope. Find out there is a Lunds "1/2 mile to a mile up the road". Go there. The grocery store actually has food! Got some energy bars, dried mango, an orange and an apple. Enough food. Go back to the Caribou. Still sitting around by the fireplace. We eat. Little do I know that Caribou has bagels. That could have saved me some trouble. Oh well. We sit and recover for a bit, supposedly everyone is hurting by now. oh well, what are we going to do? Sit in Wayzata? No. Ride home. So we leave. Pace is pretty slow, minus the lowest gear sprint on the way back in. I thought I had this one. Jake didn't know the rules, so didn't sprint in his little gear, THEN, he let's me know that he can't get into his lowest gear because the limit screw is set for his other wheelset. Likely excuse. Oh well. Jake makes it a sweep on day 2.

We make it back to town. We take the Cedar Lake trail in. Have I ever mentioned that absolutely hate snow covered roads? Yeah. They're slippery. Do not want. Oh well. Make it home. Tired and sore. Next time I break out the chamios butter. Take a shower. Eat some food. Take a nap. Life is good again.

Evening.

MCF Banquet. More fun that I expected, but I think that may be in part because I had nothing to do with the festivities. Pretty much talked to Jake, Julie, Spencer, Katrina, and Tim for the evening. It was a really good time.

That said.

I really have a good feeling about the team that I'm now on. Very good group of guys. I'm very excited about this. This is a team that I feel at home on. Very good for me. Thanks guys.

OUT!

No comments: