Friday, June 26, 2009

I was afraid of that.

So, training is going well. By that I mean I've been doing it. One whole week now. BUT, today was a major setback. Knee issues. Again.

I went about 130 miles today. Got super lost in the NW metro and just rode around. Nothing strenuous, no big hills. About mile 95 my knee was acting all retarded again. It just doesn't want me to push even (very) reasonably hard on the pedal. My left knee. In the soft fleshy spot below the kneecap to the outboard side. It blows. I don't know if it's my position (which has been looked at), but I doubt it, because it's not bike dependent. Any of my bikes cause me to be temporarily crippled on the bike. I HAVE to figure that out. And quick! Tomorrow I'm "resting" it. Helping out a pal and then possibly playing tennis in the afternoon. Or not. I don't really know yet. But then on Sunday I'll be out again w/ The Fix for another easy 60. If it keeps being sore I'm in deep trouble.

Only time will tell.

No comments: