Friday, June 5, 2009

It's the French Open, if you didn't know.




I'll spare you the results mostly, but I have to say that I really appreciate when tennis players are able to control their grunts when they hit the ball. Now, i understand and appreciate that they're hitting the ball RIDICULOUSLY hard, but tennis is still more or less a gentlemans sport. I see often opponents hugging after a match, or saying quite wonderful things about their opponents in post match interviews, it's great. I love that aspect. I just can't get into the "AAAUUGGGHHH!" when the whack the ball.

That said, I'm psyched that Soderling is into the Final. It looks like Federer is stressed at the moment, but it also looks like Del Potro is about to choke. We'll see. I think that Soderling has a better shot of beating Fed than DP. Federer is amazing, no doubt, but I think that everyone knows Fed is in a rough patch and not playing super well (for being Roger Federer. He's still amazing)

So, I'd like to see Federer make it to the final, but i'd REALLY like to see Soderling take it.

Ever since I heard about Soderling imitating Nadals wedgie picking habit a few years ago, I can't not appreciate that guy.

No comments: