Friday, June 5, 2009

High Five wheels.


(pardon the blackberry photo)

They came in. I've ridden on them a few times and raced on them once. They're great. 58mm deep. Pretty light. Stiff. Exactly what I wanted. Very glad I got a set.

So that's super cool and I'm excited about that.

The race I used them for was the East Union Circuit Race. (Great race, by the way, Verve Ladies! and thanks to Hanna for the animal crackers!)

My job for the race was to keep it together for a bunch sprint for the Little Guy. I gave it my best shot. Kept things together, rode anchor position in a break. Sat in a bit after it came back and then focused on making sure no one got away.

A LOT of attack/counterattack coming from the gigantic sprinter types on GP. They raced a really smart race. Brandon (speedfix) launched an attack before the last turn, and then it was countered by a 4 person group (GP mostly...) They caught and passed Brandon shortly before the line, and the Mark Byrnes/Dispencer lead out train for LG couldn't quite close it up. They were able to launch LG for a fairly easy field sprint victory, and Spencer held for 8th overall (3rd in field sprint). I was tired and finished 14th or 15th.

It was a great race, a lot of fun, very well ran, AND I got to eat a veggie burger. Which always adds to the incentive to show up.

Good job team LGR= Fil, Rookie, LG, Dis, Byrnes, me!

1 comment:

T.C. said...

How much are these again?