Monday, June 22, 2009

Training for 2009 Dairyland Dare.

I will chronicle my exploits (which aren't going so well today...) Between now and the event itself, (A 300k, 22k elevation ft jaunt through the Blue Mounds area of WI on August 15th). I have a training plan written up, but I'm not the best at following those. So, if you or anyone you know is up for a bike ride on the days that I have designated as bike days, shout me a holler.

It goes a little like this.

Sundays start the week w. the 60 miles easy Fix ride every week.

Mondays are between 60 up to 100 miles of harder hills/hill intervals to test the knee. Usually Afton, Afton/Stillwater, or Stillwater/NW WI hills.

Tuesdays are ride my bike to school/work days, but no training/riding hard

Wednesdays are either a rest day or a hard lillydale/hill repeats on ramsey interval day depending on the week.

Tuesdays are ride my bike to school/work days, but no training/riding hard

Fridays are going to be 150-200+ mile days save for 2 rest weeks. The first friday after the first rest week I will be going to Hinckley and back, and the first friday after the 2nd rest week I will be riding to Spooner, WI and back.

Saturdays will be easy days either lillydale or greenway to cedar lake trail and back to greenway miles.

And then is Sunday Fix ride all over again.

Couple hard days, couple long days, couple super easy days. NEAT!

I have a full calendar written out until the Event, BUT, that's my whole summer, so there is room for messing around w/ it. And I have August away from school, so I can w/ workload there depending on how I'm feeling.

BUT, if ANYONE is into riding anything like what you see above, let me know. Help keep me honest. I'll need riding buddies to stay motivated.

No comments: