Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Jingle Cross

Hello! Iowa was fun! lot's of hanging out, surprising amounts of vegan food.

I raced for shit. My season, it's over. Rest time. Back at it in a few weeks. Yearly power test at father in laws house over Christmas will tell me where I am in relation to last year. That'll be good to know. Just waitin' until then. Unless Larry has other plans for me.

Day one? I did two laps, couldn't get my head into it, and dropped out after wrestling with the back of the race for two laps. My chain fell off as I was passing Paul Schoenig over the barriers. The course turned, I went straight. Day Over. I don't really see the point in racing if I'm not having fun, especially when the season is one day from over. I don't know if it would have helped my overall fitness, and really, I just didn't want to race that day.

Day two. Better. Started 2nd row, because I raced as Fil. I "lost" my jersey, and therefore my number. TC saved the day. (Long sleeve jerseys are WAY better than SS jersey/armwarmers in the cold!) Turns out Spencer had my jersey. So, everything worked out. Anyhow, It had snowed about an inch overnight, and by the time my race was lined up, it was definitely a mud pile. that inch of snow turned into an inch of mud in the best lines. The downhill was awesome. The uphills/off cambers sucked! I raced my old teammate Cale (who I go back and forth with, apparently. He got me in Madison, I got him at WI states, he got me on sunday) and that was fun. The downhill scared me, so I went down on my top tube with both legs out in case I fell. A blast!

I finished in 27th out of 48(finishers..) and I only fell once. and I had a blast. It was the perfect way to end the season, and now I welcome the break.

Thanks to everyone that cheered, and it was awesome to see so many familiar faces that I haven't seen in a while!

If you'd like to see pictures of the carnage, Jared has it documented the best I've seen so far. It's amazing!

2 comments:

T.C. said...

TC's Jersey in now dalmation style. If it had to happen, at least it's Iowa mud!!

Hemme said...

Good to see you again out there.