Thursday, November 27, 2008

I got sucked in, and wrecked.

Riding today with the Swansons and gang was a blast. I didn't know what to expect. Coulda been fast, coulda been slow. It wasn't slow.

I was hanging in just fine, save for one or two rutted mud tire tracks that threw me, and when it got obnoxiously turny (ala theo). I took a turn wide and ended up in the woods, and had to chase back (with i believe charlie townsend, but I can't be sure). Didn't catch them before they stopped at the midway point. Then we went the other way.

I left a bit late after the log (or raft, i suppose) crossing. I had to pee. So I had to chase for a while. I made it, but I think it was because they slowed down.

Then it was 'corridor of pain' time. That part was fun. we went from about 12 people down to about 6 people in a hurry. I got caught behind Kruse and had to chase again for a bit. I got back on, but I don't think I ever got near the front. It was fast as hell, and a lot of fun. Then softpedaled back to minnehaha w/ grandstay.

Highlights?
Being cold and riding hard.
Bergman falling through the ice trying to prove it was thick enough to get over. (sorry Adam, I had faith in you.)
Crossing the log w doug rather than using the ramp.
Patty cakes being Patty cakes.
Getting home and taking a nap immediately and waking up feeling sick with a SUPER headache. I didn't realize it at the time, but I think that Grandstay killed me.

I hope I am right when I think that I race better with some intensity a few days before...

AND, I spent enough time to BikeSnob to be mildly intrigued by Genderanalyzer.com
They said it was 59% likely that this blog is written by a woman, BUT, that I am "quite gender neutral". I'll take it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming!
-dan

SickBoy said...

Sorry about letting that gap open, I just didn't feel like racing that day. good ride though.