Thursday, November 20, 2008

Why can't life have a rewind button?

There are two times in my life I'd like to go back to. One, back to philly. Those were carefree happy days mostly.

Two, back to milwaukee, after philly. Those were fun times, and I had a good relationship.

I have been thinking a lot lately about the friends I've had and how I've fallen 100% (ok, well 92%) out of touch. I miss so many people. I have a lot of great friends here, don't get me wrong, but where is the hanging out?

What happened to the "high school days" of just going over to someones house and playing video games/watching tv or movies/listening to music? Going out to eat with 8 people at random, just because someone started calling around?

What is it about getting older that makes that not possible? Sometimes I can call one or two people and get together, but not immediately. When I am in MKE, I usually tell one or two people, and by that night, I will have seen everyone I want to, and it's probably at a restaurant being awesome.

I want to move back to Milwaukee. Which is funny, because I just had this conversation with Margaret and I decided I'd never want to move back there, but I know why, and I can explain it to her, it's no one elses business. What it boils down to is that I miss the hell out of my friends. I've lost touch and it's really bothering me right now.

I am happy to be going down for the weekend. You have no idea.

I am glad to have friends that will never stop being my friend. They say that true friends are hard to come by, and while I generally agree, it's even harder to keep them around when you lost sight of what is important. I know not many of my milwaukee friends read this, and that none of my philly friends do, but I want to thank them. All of them. I'd name names, but I'd forget people and it would piss me off.

1 comment:

Chris said...

right there with ya man...