Monday, November 17, 2008

updates

going to Milwaukee for the WI state champs this weekend. That's exciting. As always, I do like visiting the old home.

Back in the boat for Jingle Cross. Also exciting. Sorry to be so on the fence.

Raced the MN state cross race on saturday. Didn't go so hot. LOVE the Rawland, though. Am lusting for one of the SS ones quite badly. My back didn't hurt when I was done racing! That has NEVER happened. Heavier than my Alan, though. The price you pay, I suppose. It's worth it. (Hence the SS option. That's my ticket.)

I got 6th in the SS race on my Homegrown singlespeed. Soft suspension fork and 32-16 on a flat course was NOT the best idea. Spun like maniac, and that bike is pretty heavy for the runup of stairway to heaven. Rode with Cleary and Koala. Koala beat me, but I wasn't surprised by that. I gave it all I had.

Got 22nd in the Cat 3 race. HUH? My form is for shit this year. I know what needs to happen. I got 9th in the cat 3's last year. The difference? I was riding AT LEAST 12 miles every day., closer to 30 at the start of the cross season. What does that mean? That I need to put the time in on the bike if I want to see results. I guess that means that I actually have to work to do well. Lame.

My legs were super fried by the 8th lap of the day for me. Everything after the runup was a giant cramp. it sucked. Was riding with about 4 people the whole race, and then didn't want to get beaten by them, so instead of riding the sandpit, I ran it. I got quite a good gap doing that, and then was able to hold it, but it was easily down to a bike length at the finish. I was toast. speaking of toast, time to make breakfast. toast a bagel.

Toast to a fun season. It was a blast, even if I am not happy with my results. I can live with it.

No comments: