Wednesday, November 5, 2008

mountain bikes. and being sore.

Sore from a lot of things. Mostly riding, running and raking leaves. Kinda sucks, but at the same time, I actually feel strong for the first time since about Hopkins. It's kinda nice.

Been riding my Schwinn a lot more lately. Rode about 30 or so miles last night. Going riding again tonight. Apparently there are trails at Fort Snelling. Maybe from all the injuns sneaking up on the fort. Never know.

Probably go ride Theo for about ten laps in the morning, if it isn't super wet. This whole thing has got me having fun. More than I thought it would. Went to Leb instead of Red Barn. Might have had an epiphany down there that day.

Speaking of. I don't know how possible it is, BUT, I think my goal for '09 is to race Leadville. Last year my trip took me to Milwaukee by bike (mostly). Next year I think it'll be more focused. If I can get in, I know that a friend knows a place where we can stay in Denver(I have at least one buddy for a road trip). That cuts out A TON of expense. I think it would be cheaper to race that one day than it was for me to ride to Milwaukee. Less days off work. No hotels. No bus back. No food for 8 days. Just gas, entry, and 3 days of food. Sounds logical.

The catch. Leadville is on the SAME DAY as the Dairyland Dare. DD just went to a 200 MILE option, from the 200 KILOMETER option. I never got the 200k. I don't think it's possible. I really don't. WAIT! I DID do the 200k. It was the 300K I never did. Was ready to try, but then cancer struck me down. But, I gotta say it. I'm not convinced that 200 miles in those hills is possible. At least not for me. I don't know that I have that desire. I'll still do the Horribly Hilly. Sign me up. DD, I'm not so stoked on. It just sucks that those rides have into something of a tradition. I don't want to fuck that up. We'll see what happens.

YEAH! good times again on the bike, finally! Just in time for my shitty cross season to end! I've got no excuses. Just didn't have what I wanted to have. End of story.

No comments: