Tuesday, November 25, 2008

How do I get faster for next season?

Well. First, lets think about what I did THIS season. Basically, when I raced halfway decently, didn't do anything stupid, and didn't crash, I was in the top 10 in almost every race. That part isn't so bad, I guess. I have excuses, though. Which is something that I don't want anymore.

SO, I looked at what I did this year, and what I need to do next year. First off, not having any surgeries next year would go a long way to making me faster. That probably didn't help much.

Last year I rode MINIMUM 12 miles every day. That adds up to A LOT. This year? I walked two blocks. Gotta get back into riding.

This year I didn't have the motivation to get out and go ride. I didn't even do recovery rides after races very often. That's just silly. I know I can do better.

SO, I started at WCP again. That helps. There's my miles. Get those back up, and I'll be doing better. Starting school in January, so that's another 16 miles a day or so. Tack some trainers on the mornings and outsides on weekends, and I'm in pretty good shape on that front. BUT, there is still room for excuses.

I don't want excuses, so I called a coach. My coworker got me interested in a class series he'd been taking at The Fix. He said the teacher was cool, and he (coworker) was convinced that I should go with him to a class. I have been intrigued by The Fix as long as I've known Hareland works there. He's a guy I wouldn't mind riding like.

I went. It was fun, and it was ran in a way that made me think that the teacher knew what he was doing. That guy is Larry Foss. I was and am impressed. I talked to him after class, and called him to make an appointment the next day. I just got back a bit ago, and I'm sold. I'll continue to update with my thoughts on the matter, but I am very excited. He seems like a very knowledgeable guy, and his experience would go to show that as well.

Now, to think about and set goals for next season. THAT outta be fun. (I don't think that the helmet strap tan line goal will be enough...

2 comments:

(dis)pencer said...

just be careful that you don't catch a case of the klempp...

Super Rookie said...

A case of the Klempp(s) would be terrible.