Monday, November 3, 2008

Interesting...

So, I'm not usually one to mention the weather, unless it sucks and I can make myself sound tough for riding in it, BUT, I just have to say that I've been on my bike more this weekend since the summertime. I got my schedule flipped to afternoons/evenings and I haven't really been on my bike since. This weeked Margaret and I went out to Lebanon Hills on saturday instead of spending money I don't have on a race I won't contest.

Went over my bars on the first lap. Hard. Slow to get up. Hit my bar on a tree about 2 minutes into the second lap. Got up before Margaret stopped. and she was behind me. Third lap was fun, and I stayed upright. That was nice.

Yesterday I rode 60 miles with a guy that's thinking about starting to race. Thought it'd be nice to ride. It was.

Today I got about 15-20 miles through St. Paul and a bit of this city. Nothing fancy, just running errands. Enjoying the weather. Can't beat it.

Did you know that VELOCROSS is less than a week away? I did. There are people that won't let me forget. I'm excited for it. I think that it'll be a very fun race with a high turnout. If you're unsure of how to spend you Saturday, you won't be disappointed if you come up to the track to watch some fun racing. More fun than the normal bicycle nascar that happens up there!

So, Racing starts at Ten. Ends about 2. Spend the whole day. Even a bouncy thing for the kids!

No comments: