Monday, November 10, 2008

prototype frames to ride...

this saturday.

Who knew? and it isn't even my company! just doing a favor for a friend. Rawland Cycles. SO, that's cool. So far, I like it. I'll try to get a write up in before the race (go ride theo on it sometime) with before thoughts, and then again after the race. it'' work out.

Rawlands first venture AWAY from 650B wheels. That is kind of "their thing". I talked with them about this choice for the racers a few weeks ago. My concern is huge lack of tire choices. Glad to see that they went with 700c's. Also glad that they chose to forego the discs in favor of canti's.

Spec'd with D/A shifters/der. tektro 720 brakes. white ind. hubs and crank. mostly ritchey pro accessories, but I swapped the stem for an fsa carbon jobber, cause it's longer.

Initial thoughts? Only that the head tube is too long for my liking, and that the rear brake stop is mushy. Easy fix, that one, though. So, I'm excited about this. Might be fun. I'll probably swap tires, though. Speedmax's aren't my cup o tea on anything but a perfectly dry course, though I've never used the pro's.

Will post pictures tonight.

No comments: