Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Crits?

Well. It's settled. I'm nowhere near a Cat 3 in ability. Did the first State Fair Crit yesterday. It was fun. Nice course. 6 guys on our team in the 3/4 race. Jake got an amazing lead out by Little Guy and finish second. Everyone else dropped out or got pulled. I was the first to do so. I'm told crit racing isn't like cyclocross. Who knew?

Right at the start Two guys gunned it. I have no idea why, but I wanted to keep everything together, which meant me riding at the front of the main group at 30mph for the whole first lap. The guys never got too far away, but there was no reason to chase them...Oh well. I'm not too tore up about it. I blew up a little about middle second lap. Got towards the back, couldn't really keep it (myself) together. Ended up just dangling at the back, being ALMOST with the group, and then a bit off, for the next two laps. Super Rookie got shelled out the back (after doing the 1/2/3 race. I'll give it to him). I passed him and tried to catch on finally, but couldn't do it. I had some tightness in my ribs(?) happening and I could only take shallow breaths. Not conducive to good bike racing. I sat up and sat down after I finished that lap.

With the exception of giving up, I didn't see below 28 on my computer.

I think I'll be back in two weeks, but I'm not lining up front row.

Congradulations Jake. You're looking all but unstoppable.

4 comments:

StevenCX said...

They were going for a ninja prime I'm sure! This was a much faster race than usual, even for a crit. Ninja primes, flat, open, wide, non-technical course = fast! Amazing lead out by Little Guy. Thanks for coming out!

Jason said...

For sure. I'll be at the third one for sure. I'll be out of town next week.

I'll think about something of a strategy until then.

Anonymous said...

prolly just need a rest day or so. sounds like you did a serious ride this weekend.

T3 said...

Thanks for coming out and racing!