Sunday, June 22, 2008

Richmond Roller race.

Super Rookie, Little Guy, Spencer and I took the Mercedes to the middle of nowhere to race in the wind and hills. Half of us finished. LG and Spencer both had "issues". Not saying what variety. I did too much work early trying to make the lead group a smaller lead group. Didn't work, then sat on the back for the last lap while Mario killed himself. Good riding, dude. Didn't have it the last time up the hill. Finished 8th overall. Not sure of how I did in the 4's. Results are online yet. 3rd is the best I could have done in the 4's. I'll take it. Super Rookie mixed it up all race and sat in. Kept me out of the wind a bit, and kept me morally supported. I liked having him there a lot. Synergy Tim did too much work. Usually. He does that. I don't mind.

That's about all. Madonna cassettes on the way there, scary bike rack action, lots of getting waved at on the way home, $4.59 diesel fuels. Bachelor party plans, etc. Good trip. Worth it. Almost crashed out due to overlapping wheels, but I managed to not hit and just fly over the yellow line for a bit. Alls well that ends well. It was a long day.