Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Crits.

State Fair Affair #3. Last one. Gotta say I'm relieved. Those things weren't going well for me.

It's still fun. felt WAY better than the last one I did. Did a lot of moving up on the flats, but only because I lost so much in the turns. I REALLY don't trust other riders to stay on a line very much. Alone? I can make turns. Throw some people I don't know into it, and then it gets sketchy for me.

The ironic thing is, a turn is not where my race ended. It ended on a flat. Not, with a flat, though. I have no idea what lap it was, but I was riding along on the backside, not trying to do much but ride in a straight line, and then I hear a noise and my wheel locks up. Turns out the LSC rider (john? from Grafton, WI) had put something in my there. Not sure what. A pedal? A skewer? I'm not sure. Oh well. I skidded for a long way, but didn't fall. He must have done a couple sumersaults or something because he was all torn up. Not sure. He told me what happened. People got too close. Contact. Boom! That's about all.

SO yeah, crits...I knew they weren't my thing.

Road race this weekend.

Oh yeah. It's a good things wheels are easy to ressurect. That makes me happy!

No comments: