Thursday, June 5, 2008

Getting Excited. mostly.

Two more days until we go on "vacation". I'd sooner call it a cycling holiday.

two weekends/one week in WI. Oshkosh mostly, to visit Margarets parents. I plan on doing quite a lot of riding. There are some good hills a bit east of there. 7 hills road is one stretch. That road got featured in Bicycling magazine a bit ago in a "Where are the hills" sort of article. That will be fun.

150 miles planned on Sunday. Down from 200. It's all flat. Shouldn'nt be too terribly hard. I just need to remember to go super slow and just do it. So different than what I'm used to and not exactly my style. Doing it just for the sake of doing it, though.

Decided on the 100k Horribly Hilly Hundreds. Short and fast. Better race prep. I just hope i can meet up with a couple fast guys with the same intentions. 60 miles? No sweat. It isn't the miles I'm worried about. It's the 11-23 cassette. Oh well. Master Blaster those hills!

Work should go by quickly today. Finish an Overhaul. Two tune ups. And my new pals are bringing in some bikes for a component swap! That'll be rad.

Two more things.

If you haven't gotten over to where I work yet, come check it out. Midtown Bike Center. Freewheel. On the greenway between elliot and 10th. It's amazing. Come look. I'll give you a granola bar.

and

I forgot. OH! Margaret just bought a new frameset. I'm jealous. A little. Ok, a lot.

It'll be together on monday. Getting it sent to where we're going and building it on the road! will take pictures!

4 comments:

tc worley said...

Have a nice time, guy. Vacation sounds nice...

What is Madge getting now?! A High Five AND another? Girl's spoiled rotten.

margaret said...

spoiled rotten!!!!?

i need a bike for every style, man. just like you.
(i gotta give fil his bike back sometime)

tc worley said...

Madge,

true, I own 5. forgive my hasty comments, would you?

have fun on that trip you two!

margaret said...

i am only on bike number three.
take that.

sucker.

:)

see you next week!