Sunday, June 29, 2008

turning for the sake of turning.

Today a bunch of teammates raced a mountain bike race in Mankato. It was fun. We did pretty well.

TC and Rookie went 1 and 2 in the something like 25-30 SS age group. Not sure of overall. Margaret WON the womens Sport race. No joke. She killed it. Won by 0.4 seconds. That translates into about 1/2 of a wheel. I took blurry pictures. That was the Sport race results.

LG and I did comp. I finished. He did too. He crashed too much. I just suck too much. I am NOT a comp rider. 4 laps was one to many. Too much sketchy downhill shit. I tried as best I could, but just COULD not make it work. I learned a few things today. Mountain biking would be easier on 29" wheels, with gears, and with more balls. My head messes me up. Maybe not. LG finished like 30th overall. I finished 39th overall. He got 6th in his age group (with two crashes in the first 1/2 lap). I finished 2nd in my category. (under 30 SS). out of two. 4/6 in the 19-24 age group. Not that fantastic, but good enough. Not sure of total field #'s.

Margaret certainly did most impressively. AND, She sets High Five Bicycles up with a WIN in it's first race contested. Not bad! I'm very proud of her and impressed. She's great. Apparently her new bike isn't too bad, either.

To everyone involved, thanks! This is shaping up to be the best summer ever!

Square

2 comments:

tc worley said...

Word!

Ben said...

I think you should throw on a derailer before you upgrade the whole bike to a 29er...it is easier and cheaper than getting a whole new bike. Also, try to find a pair of tires with a more low profile. That will make things seem faster too, alot of folks like the Maxxis Crossmarks. It makes me happy to hear you are having such a good time on the mountain bike!