Saturday, December 15, 2007

good news, great new, and interesting developments.

Good news. I've finally started to feel really good on my bike again. About a week ago I started feeling better again. I've pretty much felt like ass since the after Jingle Cross day 1. Even for day 2 I felt a bit gone. I pretty much had spend since then just riding around in my easiest two gears and feeling drained. Not so much anymore. I can actually put power down again. I think that maybe my body has finally recovered from the racing, and I think that commuting 20 miles less every day is being good to my body. I thank it. I love this new commute. 20 minutes is WAY better than 40. There is this "hill" on the way home from my work. About 4 blocks away. Hardly enough time to be warmed up. Not even really a hill, really, but definitely an incline. One that gets noticed. You're never going to make the mistake that you're on a flat. Anyways, There is one of those car speed limit signs that tell you your speed on said stretch of road. I noticed right away that I never was clocked at less than 20mph. (on cross bike turned commuter w/50 psi). Well, one day I got clocked at 18, and didn't feel good. The next I got passed by a car, so it read the cars speed and not mine. Thankfully. Today I was at 24. Not out of the saddle. Not strained. Just pedaling. I thought I'd give it a bit and just put more pressure down, no gear changes, just pedaling faster. I didn't get hit again, as there were more cars on the road, and they get clocked when they're around, so I never got to see where that got me, but I don't really care. What matters is that I can ride a bike again. I can't wait to see what happens when I get back on skinny tires with 125 psi. Oh man, I can't wait.

Interesting Developments:
As a few of you know, I've been looking into starting my own frame company. Importing frames from Taiwan w/ my name and graphics on them. Will have LLC forms submitted by February 1st. Then all I need is a business loan and a place to put things. More importantly than all of that is a name. I don't have one. I'm at a loss for them. If anyone has any ideas, let them rip. It'd be great. Also, if you know a thing or two about bikes, get at me so we can discuss. I've got a few ideas, I'd like more. I think this is actually about to go somewhere. Get excited.

Great news:
I love my wife. A lot. Life is good.

No comments: