Sunday, December 9, 2007

Iron Maiden cheers me up.

Hallowed be thy Name.

"I take a look through the bars at the last sights
Of a world that has gone very wrong for me"

Bruce may mean prison bars, but it's all relative. I think people drink more in colder climates. I don't really blame them. Gotta hang out somewhere. Bars are warm. All I wanted to say in my last post was that I don't think that a decision is necessarily the right decision forever. For me, Straightedge is, and probably will continue to be, the right choice. I don't like the taste of alcohol. It will never be just a beverage to me. If I am going to drink, there will be a reason for it. I just wanted to say that the thought of that is terrifying to me. What in life can be bad enough to be driven to drink? But life hasn't ever, nor will it, beat me. I'm better than life. Stronger and faster than life. I'm not invisible. Life can hurt me. It won't break me.

I just got down. I'm better. I needed to rant. I did. Winter sucks. Days get short, homes get small. Distances get longer. It's just miserable. It's silly. Why would anyone habitate here? Schools, apparently.

1 comment:

(dis)pencer said...

hollowed be thy name cheers you up?

great song, but kind of a downer...

ace's high? the trooper?
sure!

oh well, to each their own!