Sunday, July 20, 2008

Hot Legs.

Far from it, actually. Save for just wanting to make a Rod Stewart reference, there's nothing appropriate about the name of this post.

Dead Legs, on the other hand, would be better. They're feeling slow and heavy.

Went and did a few hill repeats last night by myself after riding co-workers home. Today Sam and I rode out to meet Jake in St Paul for more hills. We did about 7 or 8 repeats at the 3 hill intersection (Summit and Irvine, Grand, and Ramsey). Then we went out to Ohio St. Then we both felt bad and rode out through Mendota Heights and back to work. It was fun. I needed it. I don't think that I needed it this close to Tuesdays (very important) crit. Crap. Hope I can recover in time. I'm thinking yes. We'll see.

I hope the Capitol Crit is longer than it has been in years past. A longer course anyhow. Maybe not duration.

Oh well. I got a heart rate monitor. I didn't blow up. I feel like so far I'd put my lactic threshold at around 153. I've only gotten it up to 182 or so, as far as I know, but it's fun to look at. Will actually have to do the 30 TT to get more accurate results. The above # is strictly by feel. I could be WAY off.

No comments: