Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Update.

I realize that I didn't give all that much information in the first "I've got cancer" post.

Here's what I know. I got a mole removed a few weeks ago that everyone I asked about said it looked like nothing, including the doctors. I got a call yesterday afternoon saying that that mole we thought was nothing was actually something. They said that it looked deep, and that they made me an appointment to get more of my arm biopsied along with a few of my lymph nodes. That happens on the 24th. I figure if it was super bad I'd be going in sooner than that. I'm not super worried, I'm just waiting it out and we'll see what the damage is. I'm not dying, and I don't have aids, so I'm not stressing it too much.

It's the lack of insurance that I'm bummed about. I've talked to some people, and I think I know where to start, but that shit is scary as hell. I'm already about $14,000 in the whole from the last bullshit I got dealt back in April. (or was it March?) Either way. It sucks. My life has kinda sucked, and has been very great at some other times.

I really think that I have my bike team, my amazing wife, and everyone with kind words to thank. This is really silly and pretty hard. I'm just trying to maintain and not freak out. I got that out of the way early. I'll tell ya, that is a tough phone call to take.

I'll keep everyone updated, and I REALLY appreciate all of the kind words. If I don't already know you personally, I'd like to. This anonymous internet thing isn't all that much fun.

Thanks everyone.I'll see you at the track, and then again at Hopkins Crit. Come say hi.

2 comments:

Meow said...

Sounds like you've got a good strategy--'trying to maintain and not freak out'. Whenever I've had a crazy life situation, I've found that staying calm is the best way to go. (If I could just get my 10 yr. old to do that!). I'll definitely give a shout next time I see you! And I'll try to find a vegan cookie recipe that's half-way decent!

Gilby said...

Have you looked into the USA Cycling insurance? I think it's reasonably priced, albeit with a deductible.