Monday, October 13, 2008

Theo wirth is a mountain bike trail.

Well. I felt good going into this race. I felt good at the line. I got a second row start thanks to some pals from Q. Got a good top 15 or so start. Proceeded to pretty much stack it into the second barrier. People in front of me going slower than me, and I didn't want to take my hands off the brakes and run into them (which meant I couldn't pick my bike up by the top tube to get it high enough to clear the barriers.) Back wheel hit hard and threw my chain off. If was any other lap, I wouldn't have lost so damn many spots, but the race had just started, adn there were about 90 people behind me. I got passed by about 30 of them, if I had to guess.

Got back on, readjusted and turned on "pick people off" mode. It worked. I finished just behind the guys I usually beat. Which isn't so bad. I'm happy with how I rode, minus an extreme lack of HP in the straightaways. I'll take it, though, This course was too rooty and choppy for cross bikes. Which isn't to say it wasn't fun. It was a blast, but there wasn't much flow. It was all sections. Lots of barriers, though, so that was refreshing. Too many cross races nowadays forget about barriers. No run up today, though. Can't tell if that was a blessing or not. It would have been stupid hard with a run up..

In other news, Jake won the cat 3's. That's amazing! Patty won the Elite mens! Something bad happened to Dewey, and Doug cracked hard. It was a pretty tense race, for a while!

Margaret dropped her chain twice and it got all tangled once...she got lapped before she could get it back on...(She proceeded to carry her bike around the course and Chuck-team sponsor/BEHIND BARS-fixed it for her! How's THAT for service!) Then she sat on the Lindas ( a lap down) until the end of the race. Which is both bad and good. She may have finished in last, but it means that she can ride with the big girls. Barring mechanicals! and THAT is awesome!

Dave got 4th in the elite race, on a singlespeed. and bunnyhopped one of the barriers every lap!

GO TEAM. (both LG and Dis flatted. Dis did his best super rookie impression. It was great)

No comments: