Monday, October 20, 2008

what a trip.

No, not Spencers trip to sunny west coast. Maybe the trip out to Ham Lake, and then out to Hudson. Almost like night and day.

Ham Lake sucked for me. Got a front row start. Proceeded to prove myself incredibly unworthy of such placement. I got shot out the back of right away. Proceeded to ride like I was hungover, not holding lines and not having any power. Finished the race, 23rd overall our of 74 or so and 15th in the category (at least until Byrnes gets put in the results.) It sucked. Was NOT happy with that performance.

SO, in Hudson, I made sure it wouldn't happen again. Felt better. Warmed up. Pre rode. Lined up. In the back. I didn't deserve a front row start after yesterdays showing, so I decided I'd start where I belonged. Got hung up in all of the bottleneck action you'd expect when you start where I did. Rookie took a super holeshot and led it around a lap. Very good showing, Tim. That was cool to see. I settled in somewhere. Not really sure how far back. Behind Mario. Behind pretty much everyone I knew. Again (there's a theme here) about midway or a bit before, I turn to pick people off mode. One at a time. Pretty soon Ezra is yelling at me about how I'm moving up well. Heard LG, TC, Bekah, Jake, Linda, Jordan, and a few other unidentified voices hollering at me. That was nice. Two laps to go, I set to get this guy on a yellow bike (which I did) and Eric (smallhead) which I did not. I wanted to get on his wheel, figuring I could outsprint him to the line, but he made it through the rock puddle WAY cleaner than I could ever hope to and got away. Didn't get caught by Kolyn, though. That guy really turns it on towards the end of a race.

I finished in 7th. Which I was happy with, considering placement. And it's nice to have that as an excuse. Whoever that dude on the singlespeed Fisher mountain bike was... Holy shit! I still want to know who you are!

2 comments:

tc worley said...

So in my photos, I noticed that I think Kolyn is wearing ankle weights? Or were those some sort of mini braces? Racey ice packs? Let's just say they were weights - goodness knows how he'll go when they come off. If you know him, ask him about it. I gotta know.

adidas nmd said...

jordans for cheap
michael kors handbags sale
nike air zoom
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet online
links of london
yeezy
adidas yeezy boost
michael kors handbags
longchamp bags